Welcome and Introduction

   Hi everyone and welcome to my second themed blog. In this blog I will explore different places to which I have traveled. Included will be suggestions of sites to see, things to do, and even places to eat. One thing to consider when reading...while I may at times recommend things that are good for families with children it will be less than frequently than some other travel blogs. The reason is quite simple:  I do not have children nor have I traveled with them (except on rare occasions). When it comes to dining suggestions, I will tend towards less expensive options. I've never been one for fancy restaurants (probably because I am one of the pickiest eaters I know).

    To date I have traveled extensively throughout the United States (37 states; 3 more if you count airport layovers) and in parts of Europe (14 countries). I've also spent a short time in Mexico (Cancun) and a quick trip to Toronto. Of the 37 states I have visited I have been to 17 different state capitols (more if you count the ones where I have been within the city limits but haven't actually seen the capitol building itself). One of my travel-themed bucket lists is trying to get to every state capitol (and see the building).

    I mentioned bucket lists. I have challenged myself to a few different ones. In addition to states and their capitols I am actively trying to visit a site affiliated with each of our presidents (presidential library, home, birthplace, gravesite, etc.). In some cases this can be challenging as not every president has a site that is open to the public and others do not yet have a library completed. I'm also a huge baseball fan and so I have taken to keeping track of the different stadiums at which I have attended a game. 

    So off we go on our journey. Safe travels to all of you. Feel free to leave comments, questions, or other suggestions for me. I'd love suggestions of places to visit...especially for things that I may have missed on a previous trip. There are plenty of places that I have gone that I would like to visit again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airports: the Good, the Bad, and the Meh

The Presidential Bucket List...so far